At node Azimut19 we elaborate interactive map viewers with GIS software for web publishing. Cartography comes from our own production and information extracted from OSM. The works requires:
- Obtain resources through research and fieldwork to create the spatial database.
- Georeferencing photographs and drawings.
- Build of cartographic base layers.
- Data editing, design and add functionality of the map viewer.
- Publication and elaboration of additional info sites.
Now, we work with MapGuide OS, a web platform to develop web mapping and geospatial services. Our system is working in MapGuide Linux 64 bit, which is new because until now the software has been developed for use in 32 bit. For more information see this on the wiki page or here.
Creating collaborative cartography for Open Street Map, updating the map server in several areas of Cantabria with data generated from the digital imaging and GPS, with the purpose of collaborate with our participation in the generation of a global project. In this type of mapping is important that each person can bring about knowledge of their geographical environment. We have a proposal to conduct workshops for the cartographic production using data collection devices and specialized software to draw such maps.
Soon more updates and news!